I got to thinking this morning, I just recently had my 36th birthday, & was think of every ones age in my family. My brothers are 8 & 10 years older than me, my kids, my wife, my mom & dad. It dawned on me that I am the same age as my dad was when I was when I was born, he was 36. I don’t know if this means anything or not. Just interesting I guess. I still feel young, well not at this moment at 6:20AM on a Monday morning, but overall I still feel young. I guess I am! They say that you are as old as you feel. I feel like I am……….27, tired, but 27.
I was talking to someone the other day about skiing, I mentioned that I am going to have to wear some type of knee brace because a few years back I tweaked my knee skiing and every once in awhile I can feel a strain. So ask me at the end of the winter how old I fell then. This Christmas we have plans to go skiing or at least do some serious schnee playin’ while my oldest brother & his family along with our mom come to visit.
Facts for 10/21/1970:
October 21 is the 294th day of the year (295th in leap years) in the Gregorian Calendar, with 71 days remaining.
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- In the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II, Marty McFly and Doc Brown travel 30 years into the future from 1985 to October 21, 2015.
- Jethro Tull was a band on the cusp of international stardom when it played Great Britain's epochal Isle of Wight Festival in 1970.
- October 1: Jimi Hendrix' funeral.
- October 3: Janis Joplin dies.
The October Crisis was a series of dramatic events triggered by two terrorist kidnappings in the province of Quebec, Canada, in October 1970, which ultimately resulted in a brief invocation of the War Measures Act by Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.
See upcoming mini series: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485766/