9.25.2006

Jo Jack Potato Sack


Sunday afternoon was absolutely gorgeous. Big blue sky, snow on the mountain peaks, bright sun. Perfect day to go for a bike ride!! We saddled up and headed for the trail. I was on my trusty Schwinn, L was pullin Pocky & Si was on his hotrod. After a 'once-around' the block we stopped at the school/local park. Feeling good, I comendered Si's hotrod and took it for a spin. First spin was great, felling cocky, I took it around for some more. I found the goal of everyboy who has mastered the hum-drum pedeling process.....a jump! That's right a bon-a-fide jump. Not just any jump, but a natural jump, made from the hills we road on. With glee and excitement, I approached. "Yes, success, I made it" Next time.....FASTER!!! I swung that iron peddling machine arround and set my gaze. "Faster, Higher, Better" I let loose and peddled, aiming for the best spot, there it is!!! Up, up & Down, and down hard, right on my left knee and arm. AAAAGGHHHHH that hurt. Don't let the boys see the pain. Yes pain, road rash pain. This is a learning experience, "For who?" you may ask, well the boys of course. Don't ever let them see you cry, suck it up & act like nothing happened.
Some other kids were in the park that day, the wanted to know what Si's name was, in his hesitation they said "Hey what's your name?.......Is it Jo Jack Potato sack?"
What does that have to do w/ my stunt.....nothing just thought it was funny.

9 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

Way cute pic....you need just a soul patch though :) hehehehe

Ali Kat said...

You're a funny writer. Why is it that men always have to be macho in front of other men/boys? I don't get it :p

amekuser said...

hehe - pretty good writing! Who says he's not a good writer???

Somebody's Nobody said...

YOu are so funny Chris. Was your bike okay?

Domestic Diva said...

Ame, it was his dancing abilities that were in question!!!

We miss you:(

Semic70 said...

It's built into men to prove they are superior to all men, weather they ar 5, 9 or 50 yrs old.
I can dance!! I have D-Quans Dance Moves on VHS!!
Yes the bike was fine.

amazingbrenda said...

Way to go Chris! Glad you didn't fall up the stairs in front of kids... hehehehahah..sorry it's just so funny..If you know what I mean. jeje.

Hope you weren't hurt bad.

amazingbrenda said...

BTW, nice "Steve & Brenda" pic.

Amos said...

WHERE ARE YOU? Do we have to post for you, you blogger tease? JK.